Yay, for smoothies that taste like desserts!
Booooo, for dropping my vitamix, cracking the bottom of the container, having to send it back for replacement, and being without a blender for 3 months : (
I’m not kidding. I’m just about fighting off tears right now.
What am I going to do without my vitamix…? I certainly won’t be making this smoothie! (Or any other one for that matter) For those of you that have been following me, you might know by now that I drink two smoothies a day. I’m a smoothie-addict. For sure. Being without might send me into a twitchy meltdown.
I guess we won’t know until I actually mail back my vitamix. For now, it’s still usable. It just leaks. SO I imagine I will put it off until the very last possible moment when it starts to get yucky from the moisture in the crack or when the crack stops leaking but starts pouring out the bottom. Which ever comes first.
When I first got the thing back at the end of February, I made the same 3 smoothies again, and again, and again. For probably about 2 months. Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie, Zucchini Bread Smoothie, and THIS Carrot Cake Smoothie. They were so delicious when I first made them, that I could go a lifetime drinking just them. Turns out I maxed out at 2 months.
BUT! Every now and then I still return to my old favorites.
And do you see that sweet little, mini carrot cake in the background there???? THAT is a Single Serving Vegan Carrot Cake. Delicious.
Are there any smoothies that you guys are addicted to and can’t get enough of?
- Replace the raisins with the dates
- I’ve used up to 8-ounces carrots in this before and 2 cups of spinach. You may need to add an extra tablespoon of raisins and another splash of liquid, but it still tastes great! And you get a FULL days serving of veggies in 1 smoothie!
- Use coconut water to lighten the calories (or plain water).
- Use coconut water (or plain water) and 1/4 cup soaked walnuts instead of almond milk to give it a really great carrot cake flavor!
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I prefer unsweetened almond)
- 1 cup peeled, chopped carrot
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup spinach, optional
- In a small bowl, soak raisins 5 minutes in the hottest tap water to soften. (They will blend better this way).
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until completely smooth.
Raisins can easily be swapped for 4 dates.
If you want this smoothie more chilled, add ½ cup ice.