I imagine that most of you are as SUPER excited about Autumn cooking and baking fun as I am!
Pumpkin, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, and spices… ohhhhhhhh boy
And to bring in the new season I whipped up a really yummy drink to celebrate- Pumpkin Nog! Just like eggnog except all-natural, alcohol free, and complete with a boost of vitamin A and fiber, hehe.
It’s the perfect drink to curl up with on your porch while enjoying the Fall smell in the air and the beautiful foliage. Ahhh, sounds perfect
Thick. Creamy. Sweet.
And perfectly seasoned with warm Fall spices.
I actually made this using my first ever HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PURÉE!! Soooo exciting! I just cut a sugar pumpkin in half, scooped out the seeds, placed it on a baking sheet lined with parchment (cut side down), and roasted it for about 45 minutes at 425°F. The taste difference is phenomenal. Totally worth the effort. I used the purée I had leftover to make the Raw Pumpkin Pie from The Oh She Glows Cookbook. It was incredible. I don’t know if I will ever buy pumpkin again…
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
- 2½ cups water
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Drain cashews and rinse. Place cashews, along with remaining ingredients, in high-speed blender. Purée until super creamy, about 1 minute. Serve immediately or refrigerate.